UX / Product Design Leader
Highly skilled UX practitioner with over 15 years of design and research experience in delivering solutions that help users achieve their goals with least resistance and highest satisfaction.
The Associated Press | Senior UX Architect
MAY 2008 - PRESENT, NEW YORK CITY
- Helped improve AP Product Design teamâs maturity from being a team that offered advice to owning the customer journey.
- Lead product designer on multiple agile UX projects.
- Worked closely with other designers, data scientist, product management, and software engineers to launch new features and refine existing features.
- Led qualitative and quantitative user research projects at AP.
- Created the customer research group that helped break the silos and improved information sharing.
- Provided leadership, and mentorship to UX designers and UX researchers in a matrix organization.
- Along with other UX / CX stakeholders, owned and refined customer journeys.
- Evangelized ideas to C-level staff and other key stakeholders.
- Collaborated with internal branding team and external design firms hired to work on special projects.
- Defined the UX of products built by startups (iCircular and News Rights) incubated by AP.
- Helped rollout new branding across multiple websites.
Accoona Corp | Lead Information Architect
AUG 2007 â MAY 2008, JERSEY CITY, NJ
- Led the UX practice at Accoona Corp. Created the interaction design / information architecture for various properties/products such as Twing.com, Exchangeplace.com, Accoona.com, and onlinecollegerecruiter.com.
- Performed competitive assessment and contributed ideas for product development.
- Evaluated the usability of the products, and websites using techniques such as usability test, heuristic evaluation, and cognitive walkthrough.
Perficient Corporation | Senior Usability Consultant
AUG 2006 â JUL 2007, EDISON, NJ
- Led a major UX project at McKesson Health to re-engineer their Case Management, Disease Management, and Utilization Management systems. Conducted contextual inquiry session and performed user and task analysis. Designed early design concepts and tested it with users.
- Help create User Experience training material for new recruits.
ESPN | User Experience Architect (Consultant)
JAN 2006 â JULY 2006, BRISTOL, CT
- Was the lead designer in an effort to redesign ESPNâs market research reporting application. Conducted contextual inquiry session to understand user workflows. Created low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototype and conducted usability test with users.
Cognizant Technology | Lead User Experience Analyst
AUG 2002 â DEC 2005, JERSEY CITY, NJ
- Evangelized the importance of UX to internal stakeholders and customers. Managed to sell design and process improvement ideas through ROI analysis to client business stakeholders.
- Improved business processes thereby improving the productivity of users from 30% to 200%, and in one case, reduced the number of systems the user needs to interact from 11 to 1.
- Lead multiple UX projects for clients such as Wyndham, Wizcom International, Cendant Corporation, Mercury Insurance, IMS Health, Schwans, Duty Free Shop, Galileo and Cheaptickets.com.
- Mentored new usability resources and helped them create high-quality deliverables.
- Masters in Computer Science,Â Texas A & M | 1999-2001
- Bachelorâs in computer science,Â Univ. of Madras | 1995-1999
âIncorporating Concept Maps in a Slide Presentation Tool for the Classroom Environmentâ, ED-MEDIA 2002 World Conference
Soft skills: Entrepreneurial mindset, Analytical, Collaborative, Empathetic, Relationship builder, Self-Starter, Situation aware, Communicative
Design: Responsive design, Customer Journey mapping, storyboarding, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, UI standards, navigational models, process improvement, and prototyping.
User Research: Workshop, Google Analytics, Surveys, Contextual Inquiries, Usability Testing (Formative & Summative, remote testing), Competitive and industry benchmarking, Task Analysis, User Analysis, Heuristic Evaluation, Participatory Design, Cognitive Walkthroughs, and Card Sorting. User Analysis, Task Analysis, Persona, User Profile
Tools: Adobe XD, Axure RP, Indesign, Photoshop, Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, SurveyMonkey, WalkMe
Startup, News Media, Analytics, Healthcare, Travel, Hospitality, Insurance, Retail, Sports Broadcasting, Market Research, Search, Call Center Application, CRM, White label solution.